Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Big bloggy style.

Happy impending New Year! This year I vow to:

  • avoid joining any book groups.
  • Run at least 3 times a week on the new used treadmill in the barn.
  • Eat as much Indian food as I can cram in my salivating maw.
  • Learn how to bake a decent loaf of bread.
  • Make more time for activities I actually enjoy (such as sitting on my couch with my filthy yoga pants on, doing deep mouth breathing exercises) and not let obligatory social events crowd my schedule.

Those are a lot of empty promises to make to one's self, I know. The book group one I think I can easily keep, as I hate them. The running thing I most want to keep, as it makes me feel good, and being a runner has been one of those life's goals that I still haven't tackled. Everything else would just be a bonus.

2009 was a pretty amazing year. Nate and I started out the year living by the ocean in a rental- it was a beautiful place, but we really wanted to own a home. So we started saving in July- by October we had somehow scraped enough together to get a loan, and found the house of our dreams- a tiny, dustbowl-era farmhouse on 2.5 acres of wetlands. So we moved in and adopted a couple of elderly dogs from the shelter. We've got flower gardens that neither of us know how to manage and a riding lawn mower that we don't know how to fix, but I'm convinced all of that will come with time. Somehow. Magically.

Life is pretty good right now. I hope I can continue self-propelling in the years ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment